17th August 2013
* Higgin’s block @ Clydesdale – Horsfield’s Bronze-cuckoo (numerous birds heard calling), Wedge-tailed Eagle, Scarlet Robin, White-winged Chough’s (nest building).
* Moolort Plains – Zebra Finch, Blue-winged Parrots (2 small flocks of ~ dozen birds), Black Falcon (Lock’s Lane), Australian Kestrels and Black-shouldered Kites (numerous), Australian Hobby (Clarke’s Lane), Brown Falcon.
15th August 2013
* Christmas Reef Road, Clydesdale – Horsfield’s Bronze-cuckoo (calling – first record for the season), Scarlet Robin, Varied Sittella, White-throated Treecreeper, Buff-rumped Thornbill.
14th August 2013
* Loddon River Reserve @ Newstead – Little Eagle, Brown Goshawk.
11th August 2013
* Spring Hill Track – Hooded Robin (pair + grey bird), Restless Flycatcher.
* Wyndham Street, Newstead – Musk Lorikeet, Little Lorikeet, Pied Currawong (1 feeding on Kurrajong).
* Rise and Shine – Musk Lorikeet (inspecting hollow), Fan-tailed Cuckoo (calling), Eastern Yellow Robin, Black-chinned Honeyeater, Fuscous Honeyeater, White-naped Honeyeater, Brown-headed Honeyeater.
10th August 2013
* Higgins block, Clydesdale – Fan-tailed Cuckoo (at least 2 heard calling) … first season record, Wedge-tailed eagle, Buff-rumped Thornbill, Eastern Spinebill, White-throated Treecreeper.
* Cairn Curran at Joyce’s Creek – Black Swan (~40), Grey Teal, Pacific Black Duck, Australian Shelduck, Eurasian Coot, Whistling Kite.
8th August 2013
* Tullaroop Reservoir – 4 Musk Ducks.
* Lock’s Lane – Black Kite (1)
24th July 2013
* Joyce’s Creek @ Cairn Curran – Freckled Duck (4), Whistling Kite (2), Peregrine Falcon.
* Celia Browne’s property @ Clydesdale – Speckled Warbler (2), Brown-headed Honeyeater, Scarlet Robin, Buff-rumped and Striated Thornbills.
23rd July 2013
* Spring Hill Track – Hooded Robin (pair), Peaceful Dove, Crested Bellbird (calling).
21st July 2013
* Newstead Primary School – Brown Goshawk being harassed by Australian Magpies.
* Wyndham Street Newstead – Eastern Spinebill feeding on Jonquils, Rufous Whistler.
* Very large numbers of White-naped Honeyeaters (1000+) moving through blossom near the corner of Mia Mia Road and Sandy Creek Road today – reported by Damien Hendrickson.
16th July 2013
* Joyce’s Creek – Freckled Duck (14) in the same area as previous.
* Musk Lorikeets still feeding in Yellow Gum in our yard – they’ve been around in small numbers almost continuously for the past month!
10th July 2013
* Joyces Creek – Freckled Duck (21), Australian Pelican (~30 in flight), Wedge-tailed Eagle, Eurasian Coot (~100), Black-fronted Dotterel, Boobook Owl (roosting in Peppercorns at Carson’s) and being harassed by an Olive-backed Oriole amongst a host of other species.
* Clarke Lane, Moolort Plains – Black Falcon (2), Spotted Harrier, Australian Kestrel, Brown Falcon, Black-shouldered Kite, Golden-headed Cisticola, Banded Lapwing (1).
9th July 2013
* Saligari’s Road , Moolort Plains – Blue-winged Parrot (flock of ~ 25 birds)
23rd June 2013
* Cairn Curran Reservoir at Joyce’s Creek – White-bellied Sea-eagle, Wedge-tailed Eagle, Whistling Kite, Black Swan, Eurasian Coot, Australian Shelduck, Yellow-billed Spoonbill, Little Black Cormorant.
* Rodborough Road/Clarke Lane – Black Falcon (pair), Black-shouldered Kite (2 pairs at potential nest sites), Brown Falcon, Australian Kestrel, Whistling Kite, Spotted Harrier.
21st June 2013
* Babbler’s Rest – Scarlet Robin, White-naped Honeyeater, Eastern Yellow Robin, Yellow-faced Honeyeater, Black-chinned Honeyeater, Diamond Firetail, Red-rumped Parrot, White-browed Scrubwren, New Holland Honeyeater, Grey Shrike-thrush, Superb Fairy-wren, Yellow-tufted Honeyeater, Eastern Spinebill, Little Eagle, Brown Treecreeper.
19th June 2013
* Babbler’s Rest – White fronted Honeyeater, Diamond Firetail, Brown Treecreeper, Eastern Spinebill.
14th June 2013
* Boundary Gully, Moolort Plains – Black Falcon.
2nd June 2013
* Clarke Lane, Moolort Plains – Banded Lapwings (3)