Saturday 26th September – Enjoy Spring at Pilchers Bridge
10.00 am to 4.00 pm at 178 Huddle Road, Myrtle Creek, Vic., 3551 (just 20 kilometres south-east of Bendigo, off Sutton Grange Road)
Enjoy a walk in the country observing the local flora & fauna on a Trust for Nature covenanted property and see conservation projects in action.
Hear short talks on:
• Forest regeneration and tree thinning trials in the Pilchers Bridge Nature Conservation Reserve by Mr. Patrick Pigott, Ecologist, Federation University
• Bushfire preparedness by a representative of the CFA
• Birds of the Box Ironbark forests by Ms. Tanya Loos, Woodland Birds Coordinator for Connecting Country
• Flora of the Box Ironbark forests by Mr. Ian Higgins, Project Officer, North Central Catchment Management Authority
• Moths and the understory by Mr. Steve Williams, Ecologist & President, Axe Creek Landcare Group
Lunch can be purchased from the Eppalock Primary School Sausage Sizzle. Bring your own binoculars, sturdy shoes, camera and water bottle. Talk to representatives of: The Axe Creek Landcare Group, The CFA, Connecting Country and The North Central Catchment Management Authority.
Free entry, tea, coffee and sunscreen. All Welcome but no dogs please.
Sponsored by the Axe Creek Landcare Group
Enquiries: Chris Kirwan Phone: 54396494 Email: email@example.com