23rd February 2014
* Moolort Plains, near Hurse’s corner Bulokes – Singing Honeyeater (1) in mature Buloke with flowering Harlequin Mistletoe. First one I’ve seen locally in more than 25 years observations.
* Moolort Plains – just west of Cairn Curran – Wedge-tailed Eagle, Little Eagle.
8th February 2014
* Cairn Curran at Joyce’s Creek – Whistling Kite, Wedge-tailed Eagle (2), Black-winged Stilt, Yellow-billed Spoonbill, Straw-necked Ibis, Sacred Ibis, Sharp-tailed Sandpipers (~8), Black-fronted Dotterel, Darter, Great Cormorant, Little Pied Cormorant, Caspian Tern.
5th February 2014
* Loddon River below Donk’s – White-breasted Sea-eagle (adult and two immatures), Latham’s Snipe (1), Sharp-tailed Sandpipers (10), Black-tailed Native-hens, White-breasted Woodswallows (including juveniles), Darter, Red-kneed Dotterel, Black-fronted Dotterel, Black-winged Stilt.
* Newstead township – single Square-tailed Kite cruised over the house at noon.
10th January 2014
* Moolort Plains (2km west of Picnic Point) – Cockatiel (4) plus 2 Caspian Terns at Picnic Point
8th January 2014
* Joyce’s Creek – Caspian Terns (3), White-bellied Sea-eagle, Wedge-tailed Eagles (3), Black-winged Stilt (2).
6th January 2014
* Picnic Point area – numerous Black Kites and Whistling Kites, pair of Cockatiel, two Black Falcons on road just south of Shiell’s Lane.
29th December 2013
* Loddon River @ Newstead (near pile fields) – White-backed Swallows, Sacred Kingfisher, Rufous Night-heron, Wood Duck, White-faced Heron.
28th December 2013
* Newstead Cemetery – Hooded Robin (male), Rufous Songlark, Rainbow Bee-eater, Fuscous Honeyeater, Fairy Martin, Brown Falcon, Welcome Swallow, Red-browed Firetail, Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike.
27th December 2013
* Wyndham St, Newstead – Little Lorikeet, Musk Lorikeet, Brown-headed Honeyeater, Weebill, Mistletoebird, European Goldfinch.
24th December 2013
* Loddon River @ Newstead (near pile fields) – Rufous Night-heron (3), Sacred Kingfisher, Rufous Songlark, Brown Goshawk.
23rd December 2013
* Cairn Curran (near old highway) – Black-winged Stilt (2).
1st December 2013
* Loddon River @ Newstead – Sacred Kingfisher, Laughing Kookaburra, Eastern Yellow Robin – all nesting.