26th November 2012
* Rise and Shine – White-browed Woodswallow, Rufous Songlark, Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike.
* Loddon River @ Newstead – Nankeen Night-heron (2), Whistling Kite (calling), Crested Shrike-tit.
* Sullivan’s Track Muckleford State Forest – Painted Honeyeater (calling), Black-fronted Plover, Willie Wagtail (2 recently fledged young), Wood Duck, Little Pied Cormorant.
23rd November 2012
* Newstead Cemetery – White-backed Swallow, Rainbow Beeeater.
22nd November 2012
* Moolort Plains – Spotted Harrier still sitting tight on nest.
21st November 2012
* Rise and Shine near Zumpes Lane – White-winged Triller (nest building pair plus two other males in the vicinity)
* Tangey’s Lane – White-browed, Masked and Dusky Woodswallows, White-bellied Cuckoo-shrike, Restless Flycatcher, Brown Treecreeper.
12th November 2012
* Tangey’s Lane – Little Eagle (pair), Large flock (100+ birds) of White-browed and Masked Woodswallows.
10th November 2012
* Frogmore Swamp – Glossy Ibis (flock of 14), Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (1 injured bird), Black-tailed Native-hen (30+), White-necked and White-faced Heron (numerous), Grey Teal, Pacific Black Duck, Yellow-billed Spoonbill.
21st October 2012
* Moolort Plains – Spotted Harrier on nest.
* Cairn Curran Reservoir – White-bellied Sea-Eagle pair.
* Mia Mia Track – Western Gerygone (calling), Eastern Yellow Robin, Black-eared Cuckoo (calling), Pallid Cuckoo, Fuscous Honeyeater, Yellow-tufted Honeyeater, Brown-headed Honeyeater, Peaceful Dove, Mistletoebird, Common Bronzewing, Chestnut-rumped Heathwren.
13th October 2012 – Norman Wettenhall Foundation and Dahl Trusts combined rural event
8th October 2012
7th October 2012
* Mia Mia Track – White-bellied Cuckoo-shrike, Olive-backed Oriole (nest building).
* Loddon River @ Newstead – 5 Little Black Cormorants on the bend below Oxley’s.
* Annand’s Track – Black-chinned Honeyeater, Golden Whistler, Varied Sitella.
4th October 2012
* Gully Road, Welshman’s Reef – Small flock of White-browed Woodswallows high up (first for the season) plus similar numbers of Dusky Woodswallows just above the canopy, Painted Honeyeater (calling north of the road near where it meets the forest), Pallid and Fan-tailed Cuckoos calling.
3rd October 2012
* Sullivan’s Track – Painted Honeyeater, a number of birds seen and heard calling, Jacky Winter.
2nd October 2012
* Frogmore Swamp – Whiskered Tern, Black-tailed Native-hens (20+), Black-fronted Dotterels, Red-kneed Dotterels, Curlew Sandpiper (1), Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, Swamp Harrier, Little Grassbird, Australian Shelduck, Grey Teal, White-necked Heron.
1st October 2012
* Will and Karly’s @ Welsman’s Reef – White-browed Woodswallow, Dusky Woodswallow, Tree martin, Welcome Swallow, Australasian Grebe.
26th September 2012
* Sullivan’s and Spring Hill Tracks junction – a number of Painted Honeyeaters seen and heard.
* South German Track – Peaceful Dove, Crimson and Eastern Rosellas, Red-rumped Parrot, Grey Shrike-thrush, Yellow-tufted Honeyeater.
* Pyrenees Highway, Newstead – male Peregrine Falcon perched in dead tree in Oxley’s paddock.