10th September 2012
* Spring Hill Track area – 2 groups of Swift Parrots – a pair and flock of 7 flying through at about 5pm.
* Sullivans Track – Scarlet Robin, Buff-rumped, Yellow and Brown Thornbills, Jacky Winter.
30th August 2012
* Loddon River @ Newstead (near the pile-fields) – Great Egret, Nankeen Night-heron (3), Little Pied Cormorant, Little Black Cormorant, Brown Goshawk.
* Spring Hill & Sullivan’s Track junction – Scarlet Robin (pair), Hooded Robin (pair), Weebill, Brown Treecreeper, White-eared Honeyeater, Grey Fantail.
28th August 2012
* Newstead Community Garden – Collared Sparrowhawk.
27th August 2012
* Rise and Shine at Zumpes Road – Eastern Yellow Robin, Striated Thornbill, Scarlet Robin, Brown Treecreeper, Olive-backed Oriole (a number seen and heard – first record of the season), Weebill, Horsfield’s and Shining Bronze-cuckoos.
18th August 2012
* Newstead Primary School – Collared Sparrowhawk (adult).
* Spring Hill and Mia Mia Track (FOBIF walk) – Crested Shrike-tit, Grey Shrike-thrush, White-eared Honeyeater, White-browed Babbler, Crested Bellbird (calling), Yellow-tufted Honeyeater, Scarlet Robin.
11th August 2012
* Loddon River @ Newstead – 3 Nankeen Night-herons this evening in the same spot as previous.
* Newstead Recreation Reserve – pair of Collared Sparrowhawks circling.
10th August 2012
* Loddon River @ Newstead – 2 Nankeen Night-herons in sub-adult plumage.
* Newstead township – Fan-tailed Cuckoo (calling) near Rotunda Park. This is my first record of the season.
30th July 2012
* Sullivans Track, Muckleford State Forest – mixed feeding flock including Varied Sitella, Scarlet Robin, Buff-rumped Thornbill, Golden Whistler, Grey Fantail, Brown Treecreeper.
* O’Bryans Paddock, Cemetery Road Newstead – 30+ Flame Robins, Red-browed Firetail, Southern Whiteface, Little Eagle, Whistling Kite (pair), Brown Falcon (pair), European Goldfinch.
29th July 2012
* Cairn Curran (Sewell’s Paddock) – Great Egret, Great-crested Grebe.
18th July 2012
* Sandon State Forest, Main Track – Scarlet Robin, Eastern Yellow Robin, Buff-rumped Thornbill, Grey Currawong, Brown Treecreeper.
17th July 2012
* Mia Mia Track – Grey Currawong, Chestnut-rumped Heath-wren (in Rough Wattle patch), Eastern Yellow Robin, White-browed Babbler.
15th July 2012
* Wyndham Street – Eastern Spinebill feeding on Rosemary in the home garden.
27th June 2012
* Spring Hill Track – Spotted Quail-thrush (calling and seen) ~ 100 metres west of Mia Mia Track junction.
24th June 2012
* Mia Mia Track – Painted Honeyeater (calling) during visit from Birdlife Ballarat. Also Brown Goshwak flying over.