30th May 2013
* Rodborough Road near Joyces Creek – Barn Owl @ 8.30pm
28th May 2013
* Clarke Lane (opposite Galloway’s) – 3 Barn Owls @ 8pm
15th May 2013
* Sullivan’s Track – Hooded Robin (pair), Fuscous Honeyeaters (numerous), White-naped Honeyeater, Brown-headed Honeyeater.
14th May 2013
* Newstead township – Collared Sparrowhawk.
13th May 2013
* Moolort Plains (Saligari’s Road) – Brown Goshawk.
24th April 2013
* Lock’s Lane (Moolort) – Blue winged Parrot (4), Zebra Finch (2)
* Clarke’s Lane (Joyces Creek) – Spotted Nightjar (found dead on road)
* Moolort- Baringhup Road – Black Falcon
23rd April 2013
* Lock’s Lane (Moolort) – Black Falcon, Spotted Harrier, Black-shouldered Kite (numerous), Australian Kestrel, Brown Falcon.
20th April 2013
* Long Swamp area – Black Falcon, Black Kite.
16th April 2013
* Cemetery Road, Newstead – first local Flame Robins for the season (one adult male with a brown bird with red breast wash.
9th April 2013
* Picnic Point area at Cairn Curran – White-bellied Sea-Eagle, Black-tailed Native-hen (5), Whistling Kite, Brown Falcon, Great Egret, Darter, Australian Pelican.
5th April 2013
* Trudgeon’ Road, Welshman’s Reef – Swift Parrots (11) – first returns for the season.
* Loddon River delta – Brown Goshawk, Darter, Yellow-billed Spoonbill, Red-kneed and Black-fronted Dotterels.
* Sullivan’s Track/Spring Hill Track area – Hooded Robin, Scarlet Robin, Red-capped Robin, Black-chinned Honeyeater.
31st March 2013
* Rise and Shine – Yellow-tufted, Fuscous and Black-chinned Honeyeaters, Eastern Yellow Robin, Scarlet Robin, Rufous Whistler, Grey Shrike-thrush, Willie Wagtail, Grey Currawong, Red Wattlebird, White-throated Treecreeper, Brown Treecreeper, Eastern Rosella, Galah, Welcome Swallow, Laughing Kookaburra.
* Loddon River – Powerful Owl (adult) … one only in the usual spot amongst the Black Wattles on the bend.
30th March 2013
* Mia Mia Track area – Red-capped Robin (female).
29th March 2013
* Newstead township – flock of 16 Australian Pelicans soaring in thermals above the town.
* Loddon mouth at Cairn Curran – Black-winged Stilt, Red-necked Avocet (2), Whistling Kite, Darter, Eurasian Coot, Little Pied Cormorant, Red-kneed Dotterel, Yellow-billed Spoonbill, Australian Pelican, Musk Lorikeet, Little Lorikeet, Black-chinned Honeyeater, Little Raven (many).
28th March 2013
* Cnr. of Shield’s Lane and Joyces Creek – Baringhup Road – pair of Little Eagles.
* Joyces Creek – Wedge-tailed Eagle, Whistling Kite, many Darters, Great Egret.
21st March 2013
*Walker’s Lane Strangways (reported by Kate Sandiford) – White naped and Yellow-faced Honeyeaters, Golden Whistler (immature)
20th March 2013
* Black Kites (6) – over the Pyrenees Highway ~ 2km west of Newstead.
11th March 2013
* Cairn Curran Reservoir (Newstead arm) – Darter (nests with young), Little Pied Cormorant, Little Black Cormorant, Great Cormorant, Great Egret, Pacific Heron, White-faced Heron, Royal Spoonbill, Yellow-billed Spoonbill, Australian Pelican, Grey Teal, Australian Shelduck, Eurasian Coot, Black-fronted Plover, Red-kneed Dotterel, Red-capped Plover (~10), Red-necked Stint (5), Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (4), Black-winged Stilt, White-bellied Sea-Eagle, Silver Gull.
9th March 2013
5th March 2013