31st May 2014
* Last day of autumn was good for honeyeaters in the garden – Yellow-tufted (first observation here), Yellow-faced, White-naped, New Holland Honeyeaters and Eastern Spinebills.
17th May 2014
* Yandoit Tennis Courts – Gang-gang Cockatoos (6) feeding in Sugar Gums.
28th April 2014
* Newstead township – Rainbow Lorikeet (1) with flock of Musk Lorikeets.
27th April 2014
* Duncan McKinnon’s property @ Sandon – party of Speckled Warblers in company with Brown Thornbills, Buff-rumped Thornbills. Also Yellow-faced and White-eared Honeyeaters.
* Fyffe’s – Diamond Firetail.
22nd April 2014
* Strangways – Adult Eastern Spinebill (reported by Kate Sandiford).
* Rise and Shine – Scarlet Robin, Eastern Yellow Robin, Diamond Firetail, Restless Flycatcher, White-throated Treecreeper.
18th April 2014
* Mia Mia Track – single Swift Parrot flying over, Little Lorikeet, Purple-crowned Lorikeet, Musk Lorikeet, Black-chinned Honeyeater.
6th April 2014
* Mia Mia Track @ the waterhole – Swift Parrots (6) reported by Chris Tzaros.
29th March 2014
* Cairn Curran (Sewell’s) – Blue-winged Shoveler, Grey Teal, Chestnut Teal, Pacific Black Duck, Darter, Little Pied Cormorant, Little Black Cormorant, Great Cormorant, Australian Pelican, Caspian Tern.
* Picnic Point – Caspian Tern.
28th March 2014
* Cairn Curran (Sewell’s) – Red-necked Stint (~60), Double-banded Plover (2 immatures), Red-capped Plover (4), Little Black Cormorant, Silver Gull, Australian Black Duck, Grey Teal, Great Egret, Yellow-billed Spoonbill (2), Whistling Kite.
10th March 2014
* Rise and Shine – Restless Flycatcher, Scarlet Robin, White-browed Babbler, Crested Shrike-tit, Musk Lorikeet, Dusky Woodswallow, White-plumed Honeyeater, Fuscous Honeyeater, White-winged Chough.
* Mia Mia and Bell’s Lane Track’s area – Fork-tailed Swift (small flock), Diamond Firetail, Crested Bellbird (calling), Black-chinned Honeyeater, White-browed Babbler, Peaceful Dove, Musk Lorikeet, Purple-crowned Lorikeet.
9th March 2014
* Walker’s Lane, Strangways – Black Honeyeaters (small flock of ~ 6) reported by Andrew Skeoch. Birds seen not long before dusk.
7th March 2014
* Moolort Plains – Black Falcon (on Lock’s Lane), Wedge-tailed Eagle (pair near overpass) and then 2 young birds west of Sheoke Hill.
Note: John Alexander reported a dozen Black Falcons attending a fire on Lock’s Lane earlier in the week.
2nd March 2014
* Rise and Shine – Owlet Nightjar, Dusky Woodswallow, Eastern Yellow Robin, Scarlet Robin, Restless Flycatcher, Little Eagle.
1st March 2014
* Newstead township – Powerful Owl heard calling around midnight from the direction of the Loddon River