23rd November 2014
* In the garden at Wyndham St this morning – Rufous Whistler, Little Lorikeet, Shining Bronze-cuckoo, Grey Shrike-thrush.
22nd November 2014
* Newstead Cemetery – Fairy Martin, Welcome Swallow, White-backed Swallow, Little Corella (feeding on Cootamundra Wattle), Rainbow Bee-eater.
* Loddon River (Pile fields) – Sacred Kingfisher.
* Moolort Plains – Black Kite, Whistling Kite, Spotted Harrier, Brown Falcon, Nankeen Kestrel.
31st October 2014
* Newstead Cemetery – Rainbow Bee-eater, White-backed Swallow, Horsfield’s Bronze-cuckoo, Brown Falcon, Restless Flycatcher.
24th October 2014
* Newstead Cemetery – Rainbow Bee-eaters (2 pairs) – first arrivals (seen by Patrick Kavanagh on 23/10), Rufous Songlark, Restless Flycatcher, Brown Falcon (nest in large River Red Gum north of Catholic section)
22nd October 2014
* Trudgeon’s Road Welshmans’ Reef – Rainbow Bee-eaters (6+).
* Newstead Cemetery – Rufous Songlark (calling) – first record for the season.
18th October 2014
* Loddon River @ Newstead – Sacred Kingfisher.
17th October 2014
* Cairn Curran @ Sewell’s – Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (3), Red-necked Stint (2), Red-capped Plover, Black-winged Stilt, Black-fronted Dotterel.
11th October 2014
* Rise and Shine @ Zumpe’s Lane – Rainbow Bee-eaters (heard passing over), Dusky Woodswallow, Horsfield’s Bronze-cuckoo, Sacred Kingfisher, Diamond Firetail, Black-eared Cuckoo, Eastern Yellow Robin, Willy Wagtail, Yellow-tufted Honeyeater, Black-chinned Honeyeater.
3rd October 2014
* Cairn Curran (Sewell’s) – Red-necked Stint (5), Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (1), Red-capped Plover, Black-fronted Plover, White-bellied Sea-eagle (pair), Great Cormorant, Great Crested Grebe (~10), Hoary-headed Grebe, Yellow-billed Spoonbill.
21st September 2014
* Sullivan’s Track, Muckleford State Forest – Painted Honeyeater (2 seen, others heard).
16th September 2014
* Fence Track, Muckleford State Forest – Scarlet Robin, Varied Sitella, Brown-headed Honeyeater, Speckled Warbler (first time I’ve seen them here), Yellow-faced Honeyeater, Grey Currawong, Grey Fantail, Weebill, Blackbird.
14th September 2014
* Cairn Curran (Sewell’s) – Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (13), Hoary-headed Grebe, Black-winged Stilt (4), Red-capped and Black-fronted Plovers.
13th September 2014
* Plunkett’s Road, Green Gully – Black-eared Cuckoo (multiple birds calling), along with Pallid and Fan-tailed Cuckoos, Horsfield’s and Shining Bronze-cuckoos. Flame Robin, Hooded Robin (nesting), Jacky Winter, Fuscous Honeyeater, Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike, Laughing Kookaburra, Dusky Woodswallow, Red-browed Firetail, Buff-rumped Thornbill.
7th September 2014
* Newstead township – Fan-tailed Cuckoo, Pallid Cuckoo, Painted Honeyeater (heard calling from down towards the Loddon @ 10am this morning) – first return.
6th September 2014
* Higgins block, Clydesdale – Speckled Warbler, White-eared Honeyeater, Yellow-faced Honeyeater, Fuscous Honeyeater, Singing Honeyeater, Red-browed Firetail, Buff-rumped Thornbill, Brown Thornbill, Pallid Cuckoo, Fan-tailed Cuckoo, Shining Bronze-cuckoo, Horsfield’s Bronze -cuckoo, Wedge-tailed Eagle, White-throated Treecreeper, Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike, White-winged Chough.
5th September 2014
* Newstead cemetery – Pallid Cuckoo – first for the season.