This tranquil scene at Picnic Point was not as peaceful as it may appear from a distance. If you look really hard you’ll just be able to make out the Great Egret, perched in the dead eucalypt on the right hand side of the image. Moments after this shot was taken a flock of Galahs arrived and one strayed a little too close to the egret for its liking. What happened next is captured in the series of images below.
- Catherine Newing on Same place, different faces
- Chris Johnston on A ‘great’ sequence
- Lynette Amaterstein-glaister on A ‘great’ sequence
- Port Places on A ‘great’ sequence
- allishamiltonpoetry on A ‘great’ sequence
- Annmaree Smerdon on Something always turn up!
- Geoff Park on The early bird
- Brian on Pigeon pair
- 552,466 hits
Birding Top 1000
Dja Dja Wurrung Country
Contact Natural NewsteadGet in touch by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for visiting “Natural Newstead”