Crimson Rosellas and Sacred Kingfisher – what a contrast of vibrant colours. The former is one of a pair nesting in one of the veteran River Red-gums near the pile fields, while the latter are back at their usual haunt nearby. I spotted my first Sacred Kingfisher for the season over a month ago at Joyce’s Creek – since then I’ve heard them along the Muckleford Creek, the Rise and Shine and in the Mia Mia. It’s great to welcome them back!
- Catherine Newing on Same place, different faces
- Chris Johnston on A ‘great’ sequence
- Lynette Amaterstein-glaister on A ‘great’ sequence
- Port Places on A ‘great’ sequence
- allishamiltonpoetry on A ‘great’ sequence
- Annmaree Smerdon on Something always turn up!
- Geoff Park on The early bird
- Brian on Pigeon pair
- 552,466 hits
Birding Top 1000
Dja Dja Wurrung Country
Contact Natural NewsteadGet in touch by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for visiting “Natural Newstead”