Over the past few days the first blooms of Golden Wattle have tentatively appeared in the local bush. Travelling back from the Grampians towards Maryborough yesterday I noted quite a display of gold that hadn’t been there a few days earlier – it appears that flowering is slightly ahead over there, as it is further north. The first Golden Wattle flowers usually appear after the shortest day – the bush will be transformed to gold in coming weeks.
- Noel Kemp on Under my feet
- Catherine Newing on Same place, different faces
- Chris Johnston on A ‘great’ sequence
- Lynette Amaterstein-glaister on A ‘great’ sequence
- Port Places on A ‘great’ sequence
- allishamiltonpoetry on A ‘great’ sequence
- Annmaree Smerdon on Something always turn up!
- Geoff Park on The early bird
- 552,541 hits
Birding Top 1000
Dja Dja Wurrung Country
Contact Natural NewsteadGet in touch by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for visiting “Natural Newstead”