Willie Wagtails are known to often nest near water, choosing sites adjacent to dams and along waterways. In recent years there has been ample standing water at this time of year and the wagtails have been spoilt for choice. Now, in such dry times, beggars can’t be choosers – I’ve found numerous nests in recent weeks but none with water nearby. Nonetheless, Willie Wagtails continue to breed successfully as summer approaches.
- Catherine Newing on Same place, different faces
- Chris Johnston on A ‘great’ sequence
- Lynette Amaterstein-glaister on A ‘great’ sequence
- Port Places on A ‘great’ sequence
- allishamiltonpoetry on A ‘great’ sequence
- Annmaree Smerdon on Something always turn up!
- Geoff Park on The early bird
- Brian on Pigeon pair
- 552,466 hits
Birding Top 1000
Dja Dja Wurrung Country
Contact Natural NewsteadGet in touch by email - email@example.com
Thanks for visiting “Natural Newstead”