As the storm gathered on Thursday evening I enjoyed the sight of three Caspian Terns hunting near Picnic Point. Their diving skills easily topped my camera skills – I only managed a single, distant shot of one of the birds as it dived, projectile like, to capture a fish. Caspian Terns are extraordinarily beautiful and graceful birds – how lucky we are to have them in central Victoria. With the lake level rapidly dropping we’ll lose the expanses of open water they require for hunting, forcing them north towards Baringhup. Catch them while you can.
- Noel Kemp on Under my feet
- Catherine Newing on Same place, different faces
- Chris Johnston on A ‘great’ sequence
- Lynette Amaterstein-glaister on A ‘great’ sequence
- Port Places on A ‘great’ sequence
- allishamiltonpoetry on A ‘great’ sequence
- Annmaree Smerdon on Something always turn up!
- Geoff Park on The early bird
- 552,537 hits
Birding Top 1000
Dja Dja Wurrung Country
Contact Natural NewsteadGet in touch by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for visiting “Natural Newstead”