While mid-spring heralds the arrival of migrating woodswallows to the district – small flocks of White-browed Woodswallows and the odd Masked Woodswallow arriving over the past week – it always feels like summer when they appear. Hot and blustery northerlies are the driver of their journey south. A small group descended along Plunkett’s Lane at the weekend – pairing up and commencing nest-building in loose colonies, as is their habit … let’s hope they don’t desert as they did in 2011.
- Bernadine on Keeping the birds in the shade for now!
- Jan Osmotherly on Action in the garden
- Erica Jane Higgins on Action in the garden
- pkavanagh on Mellowing over time!
- Lon Eisenweger on Mellowing over time!
- David Griffiths on Mellowing over time!
- Denis1950 on Mellowing over time!
- Ken Hartup on Just add water
- 432,007 hits
Birding Top 1000
Dja Dja Wurrung Country
Contact Natural NewsteadGet in touch by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for visiting “Natural Newstead”