I came across this insect while walking along the northern edge of Rotunda Park this evening. I am pretty sure it’s a species of Flower Wasp family Tiphiidae. There were a number of individuals sitting on the drying flower heads of Spear Grass. In trying to identify this specimen I came across a pretty neat website lifeunseen.com. It has some fantastic images.
- Catherine Newing on Same place, different faces
- Chris Johnston on A ‘great’ sequence
- Lynette Amaterstein-glaister on A ‘great’ sequence
- Port Places on A ‘great’ sequence
- allishamiltonpoetry on A ‘great’ sequence
- Annmaree Smerdon on Something always turn up!
- Geoff Park on The early bird
- Brian on Pigeon pair
- 552,466 hits
Birding Top 1000
Dja Dja Wurrung Country
Contact Natural NewsteadGet in touch by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for visiting “Natural Newstead”